At Vitux AS, we’re working hard to serve our clients a little better every day. Looking after the personal data you share with us is a hugely important part of this. We want you to be confident that your data is safe and secure with us, and understand how we use it to offer you a better and more personalised experience.
Privacy and cookies policy
Last Updated: May 23rd, 2018
What this Policy covers
The data controller is Vitux AS (referred to in this policy as “we” or “us”).
We are committed to doing the right thing when it comes to how we collect, use and protect your personal data. That’s why we’ve developed this privacy and cookies policy (“Policy”), which:
- sets out the types of personal data that we collect
- explains how and why we collect and use your personal data
- explains when and why we will share personal data within Vitux AS and with other organisations; and explains the rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data.
We offer a wide range of products and services, so we want you to be clear about what this Policy covers. This Policy applies to you if you use our services or visit our website (referred to in this Policy as “our Services”). Using our Services means:
- Corresponding with us over the phone, or online or otherwise using any of the websites or applications where this Policy is posted.
Personal data we collect
This section tells you what personal data we may collect from you when you use our Services and what other personal data we may receive from other sources.
When you register for our Services, you may provide us with:
- Your personal details, including your postal and billing addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and title.
When you browse our website we may collect:
- Information about your online browsing behaviour on our website and information about when you click on one of our adverts (including those shown on other organisations’ websites)
- Information about any devices you have used to access our website (including the make, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers)
When you contact us or we contact you or you take part in promotions, competitions, surveys or questionnaires about our services, we may collect:
- Personal data you provide about yourself anytime you contact us about our Services (for example, your name, username and contact details), including by phone, email or post or when you speak with us through social media
- Details of the emails and other digital communications we send to you that you open, including any links in them that you click on
- Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys and questionnaires
Other sources of personal data
We may also use personal data from other sources, such as specialist companies that supply information and online media channels. For example, this other personal data helps us to review and improve the accuracy of the data we hold; and improve and measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications, including online advertising.
How and why we use personal data
This section explains in detail how and why we use personal data.
Make our Services available to you
- Manage the accounts you hold with us
- Process your orders
Why do we process your personal data in this way? We need to process your personal data so that we can manage your customer accounts, provide you with the goods and services you want to buy and help you with any orders you may ask for.
Manage and improve our day-to-day operations
- Manage and improve our website
- Help to develop and improve our product range, services, information technology systems, know-how and the way we communicate with you
Why do we process your personal data in this way? We rely on the use of personal data to carry out market research and internal research and development, and to improve our information technology systems (including security) and our product range and services. This allows us to serve you better as a customer.
- Detect and prevent fraud or other crime
Why do we process your personal data in this way? It is important for us to monitor how our services are used to detect and prevent fraud, other crimes and the misuse of services. This helps us to make sure that you can safely use our services.
Personalise your Vitux AS experience
- Use your online browsing behaviour to help us better understand you as a customer and provide you with personalised offers and services.
Why do we process your personal data in this way? Looking at your browsing behaviour and purchases allows us to personalise our offers and services for you. This helps us meet your needs as a customer.
- Provide you with relevant marketing communications (including by email, post or online advertising), relating to our products and services, and those of our suppliers, Partners and Vitux AS. As part of this, online advertising may be displayed on websites across Vitux AS and on other organisations’ websites and online media channels. We may also measure the effectiveness of our marketing communication.
Why do we process your personal data in this way? We want to ensure that we provide you with marketing communications, including online advertising, that are relevant to your interests. To achieve this, we also measure your responses to marketing communications relating to products and services we offer, which also means we can offer you products and services that better meet your needs as a customer. You can change your marketing choices, both when you register with us, and at any time after that. You also have choices when it
comes to online advertising. We set out below your choices when it comes to cookies, and how you can control your online behavioural advertising preferences.
Contact and interact with you
- Contact you about our services, for example by phone, email or post or by responding to social media posts that you have directed at us.
Why do we process your personal data in this way? We want to serve you better as a customer so we use personal data to provide clarification or assistance in response to your communications.
- Invite you to take part in and manage customer surveys, questionnaires and other market research activities carried out by the Vitux AS and by other organisations on our behalf.
Why do we process your personal data in this way? We carry out market research to improve our Services. However, if we contact you about this, you do not have to take part in the activities nor enter your personal data. If you tell us that you do not want us to contact you for market research, we will respect this choice. This will not affect your ability to use our Services.
To help us to better understand you as a customer and to be able to provide you with services and marketing communications, including online advertising, that are relevant to your interests we also combine personal data we collect when you order with personal data collected from our website and other sources.
Sharing personal data with Retail Partners and Service Providers
This section explains how and why we share personal data with Retail Partners and Service Providers.
When we share personal data with these companies we require them to keep it safe, and they must not use your personal data for their own marketing purposes.
We work with a number of Retail Partners who –
- sell products through our services or offer products and services
We only share personal data that enable our Retail Partners to provide their services. For example, when you order from Vitux we will give the relevant Logistics Partner your name and contact details so that they can deliver your items.
We work with carefully selected Service Providers that carry out certain functions on our behalf. These include, for example, companies that help us with technology services, storing and combining data, processing payments and delivering orders. We only share personal data that enable our Service Providers to provide their services. Some of the Service Providers we work with operate online media channels, and they place relevant online advertising for our products and services, as well as those of our suppliers and our Retail Partners, on those online media channels on our behalf. For example, you may see an advert for our products and services as you use a particular social media.
Sharing personal data with other organisations
This section explains how and why we share personal data with other organisations.
We may share personal data with other organisations in the following circumstances:
- if the law or a public authority says we must share the personal data;
- if we need to share personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal data to others for the purposes of preventing fraud and reducing credit risk);
- to an organisation we sell or transfer (or enter into negotiations to sell or transfer) any of our businesses or any of our rights or obligations under any agreement we may have with you to. If the transfer or sale goes ahead, the organisation receiving your personal data can use your personal data in the same way as us; or
- to any other successors in title to our business.
How we protect personal data
We know how important it is to protect and manage your personal data. This section sets out some of the measures we have in place.
We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, and we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files to keep this data safe. We only authorise access to employees who need it to carry out their job responsibilities.
- We protect the security of your information while it is being transmitted by encrypting it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
- We enforce physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data. We may occasionally ask for proof of identity before we share your personal data with you.
However, whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the internet to us.
Marketing and market research
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by companies operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our service providers. We will put in place appropriate protection to make sure your personal data remains adequately protected and is treated in line with this Policy.
This section explains the choices you have when it comes to receiving marketing communications and taking part in market research.
We will send you relevant offers and news about our products and services in a number of ways including by email, but only if you have previously agreed to receive these marketing communications, directly with Vitux AS or our former company Ayanda AS. When you register with us we will ask if you would like to receive marketing communications, and you can change your marketing choices online, over the phone or in writing at any time.
We also like to hear your views to help us to improve our Services, so we may contact you for market research purposes. You always have the choice about whether to take part in our market research.
Cookies and similar technologies
Improve the way our Website work
Cookies allow us to improve the way our website work so that we can personalise your experience and allow you to use many of their useful features.
Improve the performance of our Website
Cookies can help us to understand how our Websites are being used, for example, by telling us if you get an error messages as you browse. These Cookies collect data that is mostly aggregated and anonymous.
Deliver relevant online advertising
Measuring the effectiveness of our marketing communications, including online advertising
Your choices when it comes to Cookies
You can use your browser settings to accept or reject new Cookies and to delete existing Cookies. You can also set your browser to notify you each time new Cookies are placed on your computer or other device. You can find more detailed information about how you can manage Cookies at the All About Cookies (http://www.allaboutcookies.org/) and Your Online Choices (http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/) websites.
If you choose to disable some or all Cookies, you may not be able to make full use of our Websites. For example, you may not be able to use any of our products and services that require you to sign in.
Where we display personalised adverts on other organisations’ websites, the AdChoices icon will usually be displayed. Clicking on this icon will provide you with specific guidance on how to control your online advertising preferences. More information is available on the YourAdChoices (http://youradchoices.com/) website.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have the right to see the personal data we hold about you. This is called a Subject Access Request. If you would like a copy of the personal data we hold about you, please write to: hello@ConCordix.com. We want to make sure that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up to date. If any of the details are incorrect and you would like them changes, or if you wish us to delete your personal data, please let us know and we will do so.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal data please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.